Rice Diaries Recipe Contest (#01) terms & conditions
1. Eligibility: This Contest is open to legal Australian residents residing in Australia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry, including international students and/or individuals holding a valid Australian visa. This Contest is sponsored by Taj Foods Australia, the brand owners & distributors of Taj Brand Basmati Rice among other food products. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiary companies, judging agents and promotion partners, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to participate.
2. How To Enter: Contest begins at 10 am on April 23, 2018. Instant Winners will be announced twice a month and receive free bag of Taj Classic Basmati 5Kg. All entries must be received by 11:59 pm on 31st July 2018 (“the Deadline Date”). Grand Prize winners will be announced on 15th August 2018. To qualify, all participants must like/follow our FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM page & tag three of their friends on the post. All entries must include your full name, address, city, state, suburb, postal code, telephone number, email address, your Facebook page link, your Instagram handle, Recipe Image with full ingredient list and detailed steps. Entries submitted in geographic areas in which the entry is not permissible will be disqualified. If entries do not contain all necessary information, entrant will be disqualified. Please be certain to follow all directions. Eligible persons can enter as many original recipes in this Contest as they wish. If you would like yourself to be featured along with the Recipe, then briefly tell us something about yourself, your love for Rice/cooking/food & what inspired you to choose this recipe. Don’t forget to attach a photo of yourself.
All recipes must be the original work of entrant and not previously published. You may use other recipes for inspiration, but you must make your own unique ingredient and cooking instruction changes in order for the recipe to be considered. Each submitted recipe must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity. All entries become the physical property of Sponsor and will not be returned. By submitting a recipe for this Contest, you grant Sponsor, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners and licensees unrestricted use of the submitted entry which includes the right to publish your recipe and any other information provided worldwide in all print and electronic media (now or hereafter existing) without time limitation, and the right to include your name and hometown (e.g., city and state) in connection therewith. Sponsor reserves the right to edit, modify, translate, reproduce and distribute the submitted material in any medium and in any manner as it deems appropriate. Sponsor tests selected recipes and reserves the right to alter them, as it deems appropriate. Sponsor may contact you via phone or email regarding your submission.
3. Judging: All judging will be accomplished by a panel appointed by Taj Foods Australia. Fortnightly winners of the Contest will be determined by judging all qualifying entrants’ submissions based on the following criteria.
- Taste: 33.33%
Does this recipe taste great with every bite? Would you want to make this recipe over and over again based on taste alone? Does it contain interesting, yet gratifying flavor combinations?
- Visual Appeal: 33.33%
Does this recipe present beautifully on a plate or in a dish? Do your eyes make you want to eat this before you even smell or taste it? Upload high quality images for maximum impact.
- Creativity / Uniqueness: 33.33%
Is the recipe your original idea? Is the recipe reflective of unique twists to ingredient usage? Have you incorporated your personal touch to this recipe?
4. Winners and Prizes:
If your Recipe is selected and is featured on the Rice Diaries Blog, you will receive a free 5Kg bag of Taj Classic Basmati Rice within 7 days of your Recipe being posted.
At the end of contest period, all winning Recipes featured on the blog will again be judged on the above criteria & One Grand Prize winner will be awarded $200
One Grand Prize winner will be awarded $200
One first place winner will be awarded $100
One-second place winner will be awarded $50
Each winner agrees that the publishing rights granted above will be exclusive to Sponsor, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners and licensees for use in any magazine and/or cookbook in any media (now or hereafter existing) for a period of one year after the date a prize is awarded; following such period, such publishing rights shall continue on a non-exclusive basis. Each prize is not transferable and cannot be assigned or substituted. All taxes, if any, are the winners’ responsibility. Sponsor will not be responsible for any loss, liability or damage arising out of the winners’ acceptance or use of the prize(s). All prizes are guaranteed to be awarded, assuming a sufficient number of qualifying entries is received and meet the minimum judging criteria.
5. Selection of Winner: Winners will be determined and notified every fortnight. Grand Prize, first place and second place winners will be notified on or about August 15, 2018 on our social media platforms as well as by regular mail and/or email. Winners may be required to Release Payment Authorization within 21 days of prize notification attempt or winner will be disqualified and prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Entry and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies (if any) to use the winner’s name, hometown (e.g., city and state) and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation or authorization, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, unless prohibited by law.
6. Conditions: Sponsor is not liable for any malfunctions or failures of any telephone network or lines, computer internet system, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from
participation or downloading/uploading any materials relating to this Contest, or other technical difficulties or failures or other errors of any kind. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or modify the Contest at any time for any reason. In such a circumstance, all winners will be selected based on entries received to date of termination. Sponsor also reserves the right to modify this Contest in the event an insufficient number of entries are received and/or an insufficient number of entries meet the minimum judging criteria.
In the event that two similar entries are received, only the entry judged to best meet criteria as set by Sponsor will be included in the final judging. Entrants agree to indemnify Sponsor, its affiliated and subsidiary companies from and against any and all claims and liabilities arising out of or in connection with this Contest. In the event of any dispute regarding the identity of an entrant who submitted an online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used for the entry at the time of entry will be deemed the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the operation of the website or the entry process.
9. Consumer Information: Sponsor may share customer information about you with reputable companies in order for them to offer you products and services of interest to you. If you would rather we not share information, or you do not want to receive future sweepstakes or skill contest mailings from Sponsor, specify your request and write to:
Taj Foods Australia
– Rice Diaries Recipe Contest (#01)
P.O. Box 568, Gladesville, NSW 2111
Winners’ special requests (if any) must be received by December 31, 2018.