- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 500 grams Taj Brand Frozen Cut Okra
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes, (3-4 medium)
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium tomato juice or water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper or 1/2 minced jalapeno
- Cook onion in a large saucepan or Dutch oven stirring frequently, until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Increase heat to high; add okra, tomatoes, tomato juice (or water), salt and crushed red pepper (or jalapeno) and cook, stirring often, until bubbling. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thick and the vegetables are very tender, 35 to 45 minutes.
Serving Suggestion: Best served with Plain Steamed Basmati Rice or Cumin Basmati Pulao. Try it out with Taj Classic Basmati Rice to make it a complete meal.